View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 09:38 PM   #9
jocko

Re: WTB ZP3 special paint passenger fender

wow, that's a GREAT truck. Are you certain it's original paint? Hate to ask. Always hard to tell if factory, unless you know the history personally - looking at where the dividing line where it comes out behind the upper belt trim by the tail light seems off, but I doubt the factory was as careful as we would be with a repaint. Just wondering if you know the actual lineage or if judging by looks. Either way, I love it - very nice looking and equipped truck. The dark olive looks thin, so I agree with the above comment about finding a faded medium olive fender - they are all over the place (well, kinda), and then adding the dark olive, perhaps a little patina-ized to match as much as possible. Got any older pics of it? Pete (DeadheadNM) has one painted similar that I believe a family member drives. It has a dark olive roof also - not originally a special paint truck though, believe his dark olive was added. It's a real nice truck too. Would love to see some more of this truck. And please don't get me wrong, I think it's probably original too with the spec paint code and the faded patina - this is just so rare that any more info you have would be great. I had a faded med olive truck that I would have LOVED to have found a matching fender for - but I found it after I painted one, so, que sera and all that. No way to paint match faded med olive, so a "find" might be essential.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote