View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 09:54 PM   #173
67chevy1series

Re: 65 dodge d100 crew cab AKA ''she wants the D''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdav160 View Post
Sweptsides are very cool.

So is the OP's crew cab.

Dodges are tough. there is very little aftermarket support. Most of the time the production numbers were behind International and Studebaker.

I have a '65 Town Wagon
Those town wagons are pretty uncommon/rare! I always wondered what it would be like if dodge didn't skin flint out on making a new body for the town wagon and used the 61-71 sweptline body just in a "suburban" or carry all style!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsriv2 View Post
Saw this truck on our Facebook page this morning and thought I would send you some inspiration for your truck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Gawd, that thing's gorgeous.
I've seen that one around, very nice truck, I was shocked to see someone actually took on building one let alone a crew cab! I know one thing that cost them quite a bit to restore/build compared to any other truck. Seeing sweptlines like that getting built makes me wonder if companies are going to start actually reproducing parts for these trucks. It's funny because the factory parts are kinda cheap or simply made so it shouldn't be too hard for companies to reproduce parts.

Well I have an update! I got that 67 parts truck! Pulled the dash, taillight housings, steering column out of it to use for the crew cab. Also yesterday I scored the deal of a lifetime! So I've been on a search for close to two years now for a 61-68 light duty rear bumper for the crew cab but of course just like everything they aren't reproduced and since the later 69-71 d100's which were more common to have the "light duty" bumper have a different styled bumper I didn't want to use those. I did find some of the early rear bumpers but they had crack smoking prices (I personally couldn't justify paying $350 bucks for a bent old chromed bumper) so I passed and waited.. And it finally paid off! Found one on a 68 adventurer! Asked the guy how much and he we agreed on $40 bucks, so I pulled it off and now I finally have a rear bumper. I had to throw it on to check it out
Attached Images

67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote