View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 11:25 AM   #20
Lattimer

Re: FITECH EFI 600 Basic and Command center intall with pics, factory tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo3318 View Post
Yes it compensates nicely. Very quick. The pid loop does not care what the engine is doing its just trying to meet set points. I actually have two compressors. One sanden for the vintage air and a York 210 I converted to an on board air compressor. I also have a 220 amp power max alternator but it's always pulled in. With the carb and both compressors pulled in I would drop from 800 rpm at idle to 600. My truck didn't like this with the lumpy cam. Now with FI if both pull in I might here a slight bump but it compensates so fast you can't tell. No chugging or anything. I was also worried about this but the learning loop is so fast it doesn't have a chance to idle down. I may make a video later.
Thats good to hear. With my carb, I will drop from 750 to 500 when the AC comes on. I have a kick up solenoid, but it doesn't actually kick up, it just holds the throttle open (massive fail by Demon). So I have to hit the switch and tap the throttle. With that on it idles at 750 with the AC on, but when the compressor cycles off I'm at 1000 RPM. It drives me nuts.

Between that and the bog when the secondaries open, I really want to go with FI.

Really appreciate the write up!!!!

1970 Chevy C-10 SWB, 350, TKO 600 5 speed
My build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559881
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote