View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 01:54 PM   #24
rtinniste

Re: Wtf did i get myself into 51 s10 swap

Small update if you can even call it that i guess

Chopped the front frame rails about a 1/2" after the steering box and bolted the grille up.

Also picked this up Friday was going to go with a Lincoln 180hd figured I'd spend a little more and get something I won't out grow. And I'm in love that's all i have to say my wallet says otherwise. I wish I picked one up in December when they had their $200 off deal but I got a killer deal on cyberweld and they have 6 months no interest with paypal cant beat that.

Finish welded the cab mounts and smoothed them out came out nice got the front mounts tacked in passenger side mount tacked in. And have cut the rear drivers mount off twice now.

First time measured the passenger side between front and rear mount then rear mount to factory s10 bed mount I left. All within 1/16th of a inch so i clamped the mount tack it in, measured everything was good.

Lower the body down go to drop a bolt thru the mount is 1/2" to far back to align with the cab hole even tho everything is dead on between mounts so chopped the mount off.
Then bolt the mount to the cab drop body down leveled the cab and centered the cab tack it in measured now I'm a 1/2" off between mounts even tho all 4 bolts drop in smoothly and everything looks straight. Didn't like that so off with the mount again.

There's a couple things i can think of that's causing it.

1. s10 upper bushing cup is really rusty and it might not be centering since the holes in the poly bushings are oval slots

2. either my cab or frame is twisted some what

3. I'm more buzzed then I think I am when I'm measuring

4. I need to quit being lazy and actually pull the cab instead of putting it on jack stands when I'm putting mounts on so i can cross check measurements

5. my hole saw might of shifted when i was cutting the bushing holes

I have some things to check when I get home I really think its between the hole saw shifted, the bushing cup throwing it off, and me being stupid thinking I can do this with the cab being on the frame still trying to rush things.

Hopefully that all makes sense
rtinniste is offline   Reply With Quote