View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 02:44 PM   #1
Coley

Smile Re: Starting my engine build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrturner1 View Post
I am a little intimidated about getting the timing right on the first try because I need to break the new cam in, but I've been reading a lot. I didn't however mark or keep track of anything about the distributor when I pulled it (doh!!!) so that's going to pose a challenge I'm sure. I know that when the #1 piston is TDC, you put the cam gear with the mark straight up, and also the crank gear, straight up. I understand that part but I'm not 100% confident on the rest yet. It's gonna be fun though. Any suggestions or tips are greatly appreciated guys

Matt
Here you go....there are several very good 'how to' videos on youtube on how to do this and they are all well worth watching and this should bring back the confidence in getting the dizzy in the right spot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a2X9mSSlQY
...this is just one of them...they are several, many of which deal with the distributor installation on a 'new' engine or one that that has had the original timing disturbed.
All Good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote