View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 09:32 AM   #150
hemi43

Re: Hemi's 70 Blazer build

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrikz View Post
I love your build. One thing that caught my eye was you said you waited 3 days to paint over the epoxy. Epoxy has a cure time that you cant exceed or the top layer will not stick. HOpe that doesnt come back to bite you.
As for the sand marks, thats not necessarily true either. If you use the correct sanding stages the shrinkage you speak of will not happen(or better yet wont be seen)

Cant wait for more updates.

** I posted this before i had reached the end of your thread. That thing came out amazing. Using a 19 year or urethane seems a bit sketchy, but holy hell it came out perfect. Do you have a paint code for that
tank color you used?****
Epoxy primer MUST be cured 72hrs before applying Featherfill which is polyester based. The epoxy was sanded before I applied the Featherfill because it was outside it's recoat window.
As far as urethane primer, it will always shrink regardless of how well the substrate is sanded. I agree fine sanding scratches probably wouldn't show up, but why take a chance. If it was a daily driver I was painting, I would sand it the next day.
The paint code for "Tank" is 2014-2015 NGK(Jeep only). Don't paint a Blazer this color because it's already been done !!
hemi43 is offline   Reply With Quote