View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 09:21 AM   #297
regan wilson

Re: Ok Boys and Girls it's Storytime

Well I was wrong! I bolted down the head with a FP gasket and aired up the cylinder. Air was coming out of the water jacket. Pulled it back off and found what looked like a crack where the fire ring seals to the head. I called Jeff Brotherton and begged like a little kid for help. The head will be at Brodix today and hopefully they can get it back to me before next weekend.

It looks like my heads are just getting old and soft. Thats a shame because they work so well. You wont see too many of these old castings that will flow over 530 cfm. My guess as to what happened is the Cometic gaskets I tried last year had a embossed inner layer so strong it weakened the head surface even more (it left impressions on the head surface). So all that being said its not Cometics fault ! (although I still didnt care for the customer service)

I found the problem but will be under pressure and a major time crunch to be ready for Houston at the end of Feb. If i get the head back next week I have two weekends to get ready. I love this stuff !!!!!!