View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 05:36 PM   #73
panelrodder81
Doin' it live!

Re: Project Curly - 1953 GMC Panel Truck

Its been a LONG while since I update this thread. Since the last post we moved back to Idaho and then six months later bought and moved into a house. The truck is now running and driving, mostly back together after the chassis and engine swap and I've added air ride the to front to match the back.

Begin the photo onslaught.....

Loading for the move.

[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/II****edm0FlQBWn4iRLCo8NeDqDOcaujz1lPFyAyXqMHIVl_ZYZtI4uP5vfbOdB1ya0tRk2nJvZ2rsFYUxS-tFpgVriiIm0eBgIhDn1_FlnzUUOcuri7-zQKRdpoYanV-N0-OsHLqcJ0WRCAvKh8_aHEtJx0btYajy6uPFA-UTARyIZmKDAr2TW-pxGjKsSxvT1d6lusN57jVV5uXzxyEB592p919PzHY2_skFe0A_Dz2mOmBcfKoIrOYNtaL8mt2x4bteRlprTDr7iWAbUYaQ1Emo-ps4Hncl9azFLMMq32ViOYxmaPoJf7NRoMRW3M-0ZZkjmel05-cBDG0gX3fKYD7euFQ3NCE4To0irt5AP3ODOt81T3ucHi-gAojTN7ru0Wklei_5JU5dbwAEn5SnMUzkqZPT0VYrrcA2uQtKgxypCJhjvc9IjoXE0UYM4ULMfeN_N__S9ZkZFxH37dMP2hAKXvz WuhfTmDWKRjK8qxnYEWt32V41PMffJriYLexL962b3UvHoRTIoUvKph-3WNOl23rrXUoAvItHU6n6WwUNxbZNpDXLzJQWRJ2Vps8v5oQ=w804-h453-no[/IMG]

unloading at the first new house.

We didn't know how long we'd be at this house so I got kinda settled in:

Got it running and stuck a fender on it:

Doing an LS swap? Don't forget to put this plug in or you will have an issue with the rpms flying off the handle!

Getting the e-fans setup. The bigger fan is a Taurus fan and moves a helluva lot of air!

E-fans mounted

Took another break to go down and pickup Curly's bigger brother Larry, a 52 GMC 2ton.

Cleaning up and repainting the firewall.

Fenders jammed and installed along with the e-fans.

The rad hoses are done (they will need modification now though)

The Facebook page 'Rat Trap' snagged an photoshop mockup of my truck I did back around 2009 and ran it on their page.

Laying out the electronics to operate the e-fans and hiding them behind the panel above the hood latch on the GMC's.

Can hardly tell they are in there!

Trans hard lines to the cooler.

Loaded up to move to the house we bought six months after moving back to Idaho.

In his new home.

Still a hefty list of stuff to work on.

The air ride kit for the front showed up! Man I love Speedway.

Apparently I the pump in my 4l60e was busted... had to pull it out of the truck and replace it.

Cut and modified some manifolds. Passengerside is a stock truck manifold and the driverside is a Trailblazer SS. I cut off the flanges on both, clocked them for frame clearance, removed a wedge from the TBSS manifold, and then welded them up.

Comparison with air ride on all four corners aired up and down.

3" Magnaflow exhaust

Maiden Voyage was mostly a success!

Exhaust fabrication
Driverside -

Passengerside -

In the driveway, laid out, and rocking his brand new exhaust.

Engine cover in place and puke tank

Took it for short trip

Rear fenders painted and installed.

Lights installed front and rear

And finally the most current photo with one of the front fenders painted.

Here is panorama shot of what my garage looks like right. The chassis in the middle is from a 2001 Suburban and will go under my '52 GMC 2 ton I mentioned above.
2005 Harley Sportster - 'Shemp'
panelrodder81 is offline   Reply With Quote