View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 11:27 AM   #1176
MySons68C20

Re: 1976 Square "Simple Green"

Quote:
Originally Posted by y5mgisi View Post
This is just me playing devil's advocate, but, when I saw that you were going to run this self learning kit on a (I think you said) 650hp small Block, I figured there was no way it was going to work out. I'm sure you can get it to work, but with that big of a cam, that crazy of a motor, and this fairly simple unit, it's going to take some doing to get it to run right and especially start right. I Will say that it is entirely possible that yours has some unique problems. I would personally want to maybe even try installing it on a different car/truck with smaller cam and hp to see how it runs with that. That to me would be a good way of determining if it's your setup, or the unit.

Playing devil's advocate again would be to remember that yes, this unit is cheap. It's the cheapest on the market. How do you think they got it to be so cheap? It's probably not going to have the quality that some of the more expensive units like the holley terminator system does such. But those are $2500+!

If you really wanted the absolute best injection for your truck, a fully custom tuned multi port injection system would be best in my opinion. I would personally assume that my truck would need an entire day with a good dyno tuner to get it to run reasonably well constantly.

Backing up a bit, again, I do think you will get yourself dialed in. But I think it's going to require the frustration of it not being as simple as you thought originally. In fact, far from simple.

So that's my opinion. And I give it only in hopes of it bringing back from the edge and remembering that this is a hobby. It's fun but sometimes insanely frustrating and you just have to get through it in as enjoyable a Manor as possible.
Great post!

IIRC FiTech said they ran this on a Mopar with an even bigger cam. It was a bunch of posts back but I believe it was presented as a plug & play NOT what Rod is going through.
MySons68C20 is offline   Reply With Quote