View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 06:40 PM   #2
Bchain

Re: Heirloom - 73 C10 Cheyenne

I told a good buddy in college there was a 73 chevy stepside I was eventually going to work over. He asked me "why a 73? nobody wants those, you need a 68, that's what everybody wants".

Well this one has family history (plus I like the squarebody better anyway). Father in law bought it from family in California when he was 14. It was a factory big block truck - 454/t400. He drove it through high school. The 454 got pulled in favor of a L71 tri-power 427 out of a 68 corvette. Apparently this stuff was easier to find in the 70's.

The truck was sold to my wife's uncle (who didn't do anything except cut in a sunroof) and then came back to the father in law a few years later. My wife bought it in high school. Out came the big motor (she wasn't trusted with it!) and in went a 305. The 427 got shoved in a corner of the shop.

When I met my wife (then girlfriend) in high school she was driving it, but it got traded back to her folks when we left for college...couldn't pay the gas. It was parked permanently soon after until 10 years later...
Attached Images

Bchain is offline   Reply With Quote