View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 09:02 PM   #21
Bchain

Re: Heirloom - 73 C10 Cheyenne

I had gotten into the whole square body thing at this point. I always liked the looks of the 80's trucks too (although I've got what I want more than anything - a 73-74).

So the university surplus near me is getting rid of an 83 crew c20. My 95 gmc is a nice little truck but it doesn't carry the family any more. I looked at the c20 and thought, nah, this thing is more beat up than I want to deal with. Plus they wanted like a whole $1500 for it.

Then I went back a few months later and they still hadn't managed to sell it. I look again and decide that I'll try driving it. In the middle of WA winter (this isn't seattle, we get snow). Stickshift and I'm thinking it probably won't even start.

Well it fires on the first crank from dead cold and the college kid working the surplus store tells me while we slide around dodging cops in town (no plates) that the gal running the store will probably take $700. Sold!

Take it home, get excited and knock the busted bedsides off. It is honestly refreshing at this point to work on something that I really don't care much about.
Attached Images

Bchain is offline   Reply With Quote