View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 10:40 AM   #5
jeh

Re: AAW kit installed / Lights Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennuck View Post
Grounds can do some funny things for sure. However in my case the headlight switch was a real issue confirmed by bench testing with an ohm meter. After I received my new switch I disassembled the defective one and found the contacts bent and out of place causing the problem, likely occurred during assembly at the factory.
Check your headlight switch with an ohm meter for continuity between the main power supply and the power out to your park lights it should not have continuity when in the off position.
Kennuck, I never meant to say the grounding was the main problem as in your headlight switch. I just remembered when I rewired my truck I didn't have all my ground straps made up and installed yet, I got a little trigger happy and wanted to start checking to see some of the electrical items working. When I introduced power, I could rock the cab back and forth and the dome light came on, the instrument panel would light up up, and I had one bright headlight and one dim one. After grounding cab to frame, engine to frame, etc. all the crazy things went away
'13 Ford RAPTOR 6.2

MY BUILD THREAD http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=612623
jeh is offline   Reply With Quote