View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 06:39 PM   #1832
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Well, tomorrow is February.....

Time flies. Been three months since my first trip to the USA for the road trip of a lifetime for mate Martin's birthday last year.

Nicola and I were discussing holidays recently as she needs to go to Thailand for a month to visit one of her best friends of 20 years. I have been there before and loved it and have tried for three years to get her to visit her friend. To which she eventually agreed.

While chatting, she said...... "Are you going to Clem's again this year?"

I had never considered going again, as it is not a cheap undertaking, despite it being one of the most awesome things I ever did, and meeting some of the most incredible people you could wish to meet made it a trip of a lifetime.

I said no, as the money is better spent shoved into the bank in my opinion. And this immediately got Nicola's back up. Some of you may know that Nicola works in a funeral home. So her response to my declining a trip, was to say she sees too many people my age in her mortuary, with family members often saying they never did anything they dreamed of, so what is the use of being the richest guy in the graveyard ?

So I contacted Clem and found out the date of the Cruise In and requested an invitation, which he confirmed.

Looks like I am headed out again in October, there are a few people and places I need to get to while there. People I missed out on last year.

So I give you map one as an opener for my 2016 Road Trip.

Hope to land around the 7th and need to leave by the 20th October.

Looking forward to reconnecting with some great friends and meeting up with some I have not yet met.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote