View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 11:24 PM   #7
FirstOwner69

Re: Which one of these heater hose retainers came stock on your A/C truck?

There may have been some variation of this on the 70-72s with the water valve bolted to the inner fender, but for what it's worth...

On my 69 with 350 and A/C (which of course uses a water valve not fastened to the inner fender), the retainer without the screw shown on the right in the link in post 1 was secured to the original inner fender on the firewall side of the valve. If I recall correctly, it was in a ROUND hole. Unfortunately, I cannot double check to confirm the hole shape since I'm separated from the truck by 2000 miles. This retainer held both heater hoses. The vacuum hose was secured to one of the heater hoses with a harness strap (no zip ties back then). I don't recall if the A/C compressor wire in the woven fabric loom was included in the retainer or strapped to a heater hose along with the vacuum hose.

The other retainer in the link in post 1 was bolted to the base of the front compressor bracket and contained the heater hose from the water pump and the negative battery cable which was attached to the front exhaust manifold bolt (actually stud).

Last edited by FirstOwner69; 01-31-2016 at 11:29 PM.
FirstOwner69 is offline   Reply With Quote