View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 12:06 PM   #8
6DoF

Re: Project: Pro-Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
the suspension is abit on the wide for this truck, I had done a 56 on an 81 chassis years ago and the front wheels stuck out enough that I couldn't lower like I wanted.
yeah, i noticed that as well. since i am building the chassis, i can put the x-member mounts anywhere i want. this means i don't have to section it to lower the frame, but it also means i will be able to section it more narrow. once i get the LCAs sand blasted and painted, i'll assemble everything and give it a quick eyeballed alignment for camber at what i will try to make ride height. then i can measure the width with camber change thru travel and compare it to the truck. i suspect 4-6" will be coming out of the middle of that x-member.

ultimately if the geometry is a little funny, it's all bolt-on. i'll just build my own later after it's all up and on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddude View Post
Should be a interesting build. I would have never considered putting a vw motor in a old Chevy truck Good luck
no one makes the adapter, so that'll be the fun part. in the end i hope to keep the truck as light as possible, it shouldn't be too much more then my Golf. even if i loose 25% mpg to the wind with the flat grill and glass, i'll still be pulling over 30mpg in a '55 truck.
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote