View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 07:27 PM   #1
tucker69

Lsx intake manifold options

Does anyone have a solution for an aftermarket intake manifold for the truck 6.0 ls LQ4 engine WITH CATHEDRAL PORT HEADS ... This is a cable driven throttlebody.. My research tells me that aftermarket intakes have several issues when used on a truck motor..
1) truck injectors are shorter/taller and will not work with aftermarket intakes
2) truck serpentine access. System will interfer with throttlebody because aftermarket intakes are lower than trucks
3) aftermarket intakes are for larger mm throttlebodys and hence need for bigger t/b.

So in a nut shell i have to buy: Car injectors, larger t/b and car access. Setup to run most aftermarket intakes on my truck ls engine

i did find that "fast" and "msd" both make a truck intake with only the need for larger t/b, however im not real excited about the looks of there $1000 intakes.

So my question for all you "ls" swappers is have any of ya'll solved this problem and if so, how?
Or am i wrong in my research and if so please correct me with some much needed advise..
Thanks guys, casey
tucker69 is offline   Reply With Quote