Thread: Our barn find
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 08:37 AM   #109
Daddy'O

Re: Our barn find

Thanks for the responses guys.

I wanted to double check about the control arms. I figured an updated design would be best. I will likely go with a tubular design and also go with new lowers since they have provisions for a future sway bar. I’ve been looking at the Wilwood manual disk brake systems. I like it because it is upgradable to be a power system. We haven’t decided on ride height but am figuring in new springs and spindles too as I want to do it right the first time. Being on a budget I haven’t addressed the steering system but appreciated the suggestions.

I’ve been looking at the American Auto Wire Classic Update system for the 55-56 Chevys. It’s pricy but I do like all the provisions for future upgrades already built into the system.

You’re right Larry, I should have bought the car sooner. We are trying to stick to a realistic budget but if we have major engine or transmissions issues the budget will be out the window. Your old engine/trans would have been real handy. Oh well, a day late and a dollar short should be my middle name sometimes. Oh, I’ve been lurking over on the tri-five forum and will join it soon. You are right, it’s like this forum with a ton of good information.

Our plan is to order parts this month and be ready to start work on the wagon in March. I have a small project to do on Nancy the 1971 Super and some work to do on a friends truck. I let him know last Sunday my plans and asked him to get his parts so we can get him done before the end of the month because I think the lift is going to be tied up for a while.

Doug, Ogre’s window seat is yours. My wife and I like the idea of a build weekend. Fire up the smoker and have a Texas style BB-Q with ice cold beverages and new friends.

John, I know you don’t have your ’55 anymore but do you have any pictures? If so, post some here. I would love to see it.

Thanks again guys!

Our Shop Build - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=620966
'55 Wagon Build - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=689157
1971 Cheyenne Super Ochre/White LWB 350 Auto - my son's truck "Nancy"
1972 GMC K2500 Custom 4X4 Olive LWB 400 SB 4-speed -"Greenie" - Restoration to begin after the '55
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
Daddy'O is offline   Reply With Quote