View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 11:44 AM   #242
torchlight

Re: Marvin (1953 3100)

Hope everybody is having a good weekend! Wanted to post another quick update. Things are really starting to happen fast, for sure.

The list of little bits n' pieces that have been painted keeps growing. You might also be able to see in this picture that we got the driveshaft finally - one step closer to Marvin being "technically" driveable!

Front inner and outer fenders are on, along with the core support and radiator. These are all "final" installed, which is just so awesome. Marvin is starting to look more and more like his old self. And his new self, I guess.

The new headlight rings look stellar on the truck. I may see if those headlights themselves caan be scooched back towards the cab just a tiny bit more.

Been imagining this for a long time, and now it is incredible to finally see for real. Marvin's new engine is fully dressed up and right at home inside a cradle of deep red. It is so much fun to see something that has been bouncing around in your head as an idea for so long finally become a reality!

Last, here's one from the archives. Marvin looking pretty darn sharp at a parade in 1984. Nice glasses, Dad!

Marvin is about as far along at the body shop as he's going to be for now. Early next week, he's going back to the mechanical shop for a lot of final assembly. All the little bits and pieces he needs to fully run and operate correctly. (hoping we might be able to hear the exhaust note in a couple weeks' time!) From there, back to body shop to get the doors and glass installed. Then a quick visit to interior shop. Then back to body show for hood, grille, bed, bumpers, etc. Should be a lot of progress in a pretty short amount of time! I think this speed of progress is the delayed benefit of the truck essentially getting fully built and then pulled apart again prior to paint. More updates in a couple weeks!