View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 11:16 PM   #64
iowaboynca

Re: "1950 GMC" -Charlotte

Yeah an update!!
To recap, I'm putting a NV3500 5-speed transmission behind the 5.3. To do this I needed:

Flywheel- PowerTorque from Orielly's P/N NFW1050
Clutch Kit w/Pilot Bearing- PowerTorque from Orielly's P/N K70318-01
throw out bearing- National P/N 614083
Grade 8 metric bolts 10mm x 35mm x 1.5, local hardware store
Slave clutch cylinder- PowerTorque from Orielly's P/N CS2250

In the meantime I ending get a frame mount booster/clutch bracket off ebay. The arms are shorter that OE but I mounted it as close to the front as could. I even had to grind down a tab on the transmission (kinda at pic 1, ignore the red motor til later). I even had to take out the engine mount/cross member and man it didn't want to come out. I think it was 12 rivets and few surgically placed cuts

While that was going on, a thread on here got me thinking about hydroboost for the brake booster. So $30 later and a couple of hours i got a hydroboost out of an older Astro van. You have to go older if you want to go this route. The newer model Astro vans hydroboosts point down. So I mock up the bracket and things will be tight!

Now i need to finalize a bracket for the trans. I was going to fab up a bracket using a Dakota mount I got easy out of the junkyard but with the location of the brake bracket it just wasn't going to work. So i ended up fabbing one up with the isolator mount and at the desired angle back (still @ 3 degrees)
Attached Images