View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 11:36 PM   #65
iowaboynca

Re: "1950 GMC" -Charlotte

At the same time I was finishing up the motor. If you remember, i'm paying homage to the GMC V6 truck motors. (first pic). So I finally put the rockers back on and sealed everything up with new gaskets. I got a pair of SBC valve covers from the turlock swap meet for $25 to with the adapters.

I ended up getting the accessory package from Jegs because my motor was a long block and didn't have everything. (P/N 19258433)

When I was happy with everything I decided to lift it up and paint it Chevy Orange! (the last 3 pics, the last one with all the tape off)

Some difficulties did come up. I was having a heck of a time getting the fan clutch off the waterpump, when i said to get with it, and went to Autozone to pick up a new waterpump. I probably could have used the old one but the expense paid vs. time, plus the thought in the back of my mind of our family mover's water pump hand grenading itself and the fun i had fixing it, had something to do with my decision.

So that's pretty much it. Gotta get taxes paid and that will tell me how much wiggle room i'll have with the build this year. I want to get the plumbing mostly done with the cap being off and I need a gas tank. Then the big purchase, i'm fuel injection on top of the motor, either FITech or the new Holley unit coming out.

So in conclusion, i didn't think i had done much until i realize i had.

Stay tuned...
Attached Images