View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 04:05 AM   #144
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

Re: A New teenage member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue/72 View Post
I believe they are 10in wide
why dose your dad think the HEI distributors are point less I hated points Plus the HEI gives you a better burn for fuel mileage makes the truck have a little more pony's when your pulling a trailer.My one question is where is the Temp sending wire location at is it on the side of the drivers head.its not a good place for it wire always get way to hot next to the Exhaust.I use the 327 straight Thermostat housing and use the hole next to it for the screw in temp brass sending unit and use the 327 top hose to go to your top Radiator U know they used the engine bracket for the return spring on your carb.

Sense your not all factory with that Edalbrock carb and intake Best off use the bigger mouth on that Air cleaner your going to starve your engine for the much needed Air.

Remember back in 1966-72 these truck where all Smog car's and trucks they used all the stuff that the EPA wanted the auto makers to use to get the carbon foot print down.

I don't see you using that spark control wire harness with the siloid on the carb them thing are garbage.

But 1971 and some 72 had them they will really de tune your engine make it run like crap.I see you used the 1973 Corvette wires there the only wires that had the HEI in mind and the 1973 Corvette was the first year of the HEI but they still used the Ram horns so you can run your wires under your engine and throw The motor mounts for 1-3 2-4
stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote