View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 04:55 PM   #276
zammer
Addicted user

Re: Blazer retractable convertible top

Hey
well i got the truck home and i am very happy with the paint color
chosen without seeing it first besides other trucks online. The bodywork looks great also.
So.. I waited a couple weeks to post since i've been home as i had an incident with the blazer on the 500 mile journey home and i'm just coming around to accepting that i was rushing to get it home and should have checked things closer ..

The blazer shifted in the trailer only 2-3" on a large bump in the road when i was almost home and rubbed up against the inside wheel well of the enclosed trailer and took off a huge chunk of paint off the quarter panel and gave it a nice 1/4" dent to boot. To make things even worse that rear trunk lid that was gapped perfectly wasn't bolted down good enough ( i should have checked in hindsight) and chipped all the way around the rear section of the truck.

So ya at the time when i seen the damage when i stopped for fuel not too far from home i was literally sick to my stomach esp after just plunking down a large sum of cash on the paint/body work after waiting for 8 months..

I've come to realize that it is only cosmetic and it was going to get a scratch eventually... but why did it have to be another couple k's worth or body work and paint before even driving it ~~ damn!

Name:  blazer.side.paint.jpg
Views: 1017
Size:  42.6 KB

Name:  blazer.quat.paint.chips.jpg
Views: 1014
Size:  34.5 KB

Name:  tail.chips.blazer.jpg
Views: 1005
Size:  33.1 KB
1970 Jimmy 4wd - future project
zammer is offline   Reply With Quote