View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 09:03 AM   #115
Lugnutz65

Re: Wing or vent window rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson-ohio View Post
Thanks Alan for a great thread.

I have started doing my 65 vend window, have a few questions:
- I know I need to use glass setting tape for the U Channel where the glass sit in. I find many different sizes on line (thickness and width), any idea what size is the best fit for it?
- I had to remove the felt in the separate channel(maybe it's called division bar), it mostly gone anyways. I'm trying to find a replacement for it. I think I found it on LMC, (part # 38-5946)but it seems to be the whole piece with the metal channel. Can I get just the felt replacement from somewhere? I can not find it. In the picture below, you can see the long division bar and the half pc felt that I removed.
I hope Alan doesn't mind me jumping in.
Vendors sell vent rebuild kits but the kits often have a very thin felt insert for the division bar. Most people find it TOO thin and don't like it. Most vendors also sell an OEM style division bar insert that is much nicer, but also more expensive and it must be ordered as an additional item. WORTH EVERY PENNY to buy the nicer OEM style.
I got my vent rebuild kit from TruckandCarShop and they have 2 locations. Good prices too.

Want to know more about T5 transmissions? My website has a T5 Info Page and a Step by Step T5 rebuild.
Lugnutz65 is offline   Reply With Quote