View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 11:55 PM   #532
BlueJeep

Re: My version of the s10 swap

I made some forward progress this weekend, but have to take a step back too. I've been waiting on nicer weather to be able to finish up my radiator support and this weekend was to be that weekend. I prepped a bunch of pieces and sprayed epoxy, then did some seam sealing, and then chassis black.

Here it is in epoxy with the seam sealer on it:

In black:

But...after 24 hours it all looks great EXCEPT where the paint is on top of the seam sealer, it isn't drying. I validated that the seam sealer (Lord Fusor 805) is OK to go on top of epoxy and can be painted in 30 minutes. I waited about 6 hours before top-coating it. I'm afraid now I have to dig it all back out and use some other brand of seam sealer, not happy about that. This impacts the radiator support and both inner fenders, so that'll be a good amount of work.

Rather than deal with that frustration, I started in on filler work. I'm a complete newbie to filler, so I pretended like I knew what I was doing and dove in. I'm pretty happy with where it ended up, smoothed out the seams and some dips and is good enough for some chassis black at this point. Will have to wait for another nice weekend to spray epoxy over them and then chassis black....hopefully I'll have my seam sealer debacle straightened out by then.

86 Suburban
88 Jeep 6.0 swap
49 Chevy truck
54 Chevy wagon

86 Suburban lowered 4/6
54 Chevy wagon
49 Chevy/s10 mix
88 Jeep Wrangler rockcrawler
BlueJeep is offline   Reply With Quote