View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 12:22 PM   #139
NC_John

Re: FITECH EFI 600 Basic and Command center intall with pics, factory tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo3318 View Post
Keep in mind I am a programmer for Johnson controls. So I understand PID LOOPS and logic blocks a little bit lol. I ask fitech for a parameters definition list for each parameter and they sent me a 16 page definition book. As long as I can understand what the name is of what's being controlled I can safely manipulate it. I did have a brief time on the phone with them as well which was always helpful.
I'm a mech engineer and have got a lot of controls and instrumentation experience as well but am learning my way through this manner of EFI. I got the same 16 pages of info from the website and have been going through it.

I'm fortunate enough to be in NASCAR country too and have been discussing the project and the programming with a fellow Dad at our kids karate class. He's a mechanical engineer in R&D and testing at one of the major engine shops and NASCAR went to fuel injection recently as well.

We've been discussing the ignition control side as well and I wonder if it will be worth the effort playing with once I have my fuel side dialed in. I am already running a Pertronix flame thrower with the level III controls, so its already electronic (the tech support from those guys for advanced stuff is pretty lacking as well).

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote