View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 07:40 PM   #1
hugger6933

Help end the fight between me and dad

Last week I bought a new shop truck an old body style 07 crew cab. This truck was hit in the back and I replaced the rear end and the springs too. Anyone very cozy with this type truck knows that the front drivers spring bolt has to be cut to be removed and normally I put the bolt in backwards and put the nut on the inside.
Well The crew not only has a gas tank shield on the bottom but the spring pocket is made differently inside the frame.
Dad wants me to just weld the head of the bolt to the pocket and call it good so he can ride. I tell him it is not safe and I won't be doing that, he says why not? It can't come out if you weld it. I said it is not safe all I could say I couldn't come with a reason other than it wasn't safe.
Now you must know bought this truck on a parts only title so it is a shop truck only[I'll put my D-tags on it] and won't be sold to anyone.

It is bad enough that he won't even consider the time in the shop to fix a couple of dents and the bed is a different color but I told him I would not budge on this one item.So what do you think am I over reacting or does it seem crazy to just weld the bolt head to the frame pocket. He still says it can't go nowhere I still say it isn't safe. Any help or advise? Now you must know I've been building truck for almost 30 years I'm 49 he is 86
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote