View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 10:42 PM   #258
joedoh

Re: 49 3600, s10 swap, project boogie

need the cab bolted to line the hood. got the rear channel trimmed today to let the s10 bushing fit, had to find my 4.5" grinder (cardboard freight model) that I never use because my 6" metabo is the HOSS. got it trimmed, bushings set, everything ready, set er down, trimmed the trans hump

and it sits crooked. :/

it rocks back and forth between the front left and right rear corner. measuring it out and the rear is 1/4 off, the front dead on unless I pull down on the front left corner then the left is 1/4 low. ****. I spent some time kicking my own ass because I thought I had double and tripple checked these mounts before attempting to put the cab on. maybe the floor is crooked, there is a lot of rust through on the passenger side, enough that it is how I was spotting the mount alignment from the top instead of underneath like the drivers side.

well, there it is. I was spotting from the top and didnt see the 1/4 rubber isolator stuck to the bottom of the cab on the passenger side. in fact I didnt even see it when I was crawling around under there until I took a picture with a flash.

drivers

well that was a simple fix at least.

tomorrow I will get the broken hood bolt out of the mount so I can get it lined up and pop the front on!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393

Last edited by joedoh; 09-05-2016 at 03:59 PM.
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote