View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 12:27 AM   #536
BlueJeep

Re: My version of the s10 swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
stuff is looking great, sux about the seam sealer. I'll def keep that in mind of not to do.
as for filler work, i'm no seasoned pro but have managed to do pretty good first few rounds. With body work, its like metal work. all about the highs and lows. easier to see with spraypaint or powders.
Yep, and next time it will be easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lower50's View Post
Even with the seam sealer problem your parts look good. I'm in the same boat with waiting for the right weather.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
those inner tubs look great, it will be nice to keep water and grit out of everything including the headlights!
That was one of the driving forces behind the inners. Knowing where these all rust out (kick panels), it can't help but be from everything that the tires throw up there. Now those areas will stay clean and dry. Also bought a bunch of room for PCM, washer tank, overflow, MAF and air filter, etc. I thought about trying to start with s10 inners, but didn't get them with my donor.

How many 55-59's would still have their eyebrows if they had proper inner fenders......

New seam sealer went on tonight after spending 2 nights digging the old out. We'll see how it turns out this time.

86 Suburban
88 Jeep 6.0 swap
49 Chevy truck
54 Chevy wagon

86 Suburban lowered 4/6
54 Chevy wagon
49 Chevy/s10 mix
88 Jeep Wrangler rockcrawler
BlueJeep is offline   Reply With Quote