Thread: Zippys 50'
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 01:01 PM   #1
Iplumb

Zippys 50'

I figured it is about time to say thank you to everyone and start our projects build thread. This site and all of the great builds and builders has been not only an inspiration but an incredible resource - for that - Thank You.

A little background...

My wife and I have always done our best to keep our children going down the right path, it is so challenging and tempting for kids with all of the exposure and accessibility today.

Summer 2013 our son Jacob who was 15 at the time says "Dad - I really like those old curvy pick up trucks...". We searched around talked about it and said lets try to find one to have some fun with. We found one on Craigslist and bought it October 2013.

So here it is the day we brought it home.

Little did I know what I got myself into. I originally thought we could get it running and driving, then begin to work on it. After finding out the safety limitations IE original brake system, 216 motor and gearing I figured out real quick that was not going to work. We live on an Island with thruway access only - not a place for my soon to be driving son in this truck. I am a plumber by trade and fairly handy but never have I done anything like this.

After some thought - we decided to rebuild this cool old truck. What a great way to spend some awesome time with my son - teach him all that I could and continue him down this life long path that my wife and I started him down 15 years ago.

So here we go...
Attached Images

Iplumb is offline   Reply With Quote