View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 03:34 PM   #40
Scott2

Re: Scott's '51 Build

Brief update - my priorities were temporarily reset by the boss so I am finishing the basement at the moment. Hopefully, I'll get that out of the way in the next month.

Before my redirect, I did get the floors and rocker patches all tacked in along with the DS lower cowl repairs. I'll try and get some pics up shortly. In the meantime, I can still accumulate parts!

I ordered the Hooker cast headers/manifold (p/n 8501) and they are nice parts which fit well. Sadly, Hookers' QA seems a little off and the finish on the two sets I've received so far isn't very good. Still working that with Summit (they've been great) and I expect to end up with two good looking manifolds.

I also picked up a used steering column from an early '80s Camaro which looks to be a good fit. It has tilt, column shift for the auto, turns signals, dimmer and seem to be in fine condition. Needs painted and a new wheel that fits the truck of course but it's a great start. In the pic it's clamped in place but is not fully seated on the firewall/toekick. I need to remove the original mounting plate and fab a new one plus figure out the mount to the dash.

My big score was a 1989 Chevy truck bench seat I grabbed from a local salvage yard last Friday. Great condition - could use a cleaning and a patch on the side but it will work great for now. Check out the pics. besides a nice seat you can see the replacement floor patches including a fabbed flat floor section to replace the original dished floor under the seat.

Back to the basement - rough plumbing inspection in the morning!
Attached Images