View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 03:04 PM   #1
sixty4bigwindow

New to the forum, have some questions!

Hey guys! Been lurking around for the past few weeks, and love all the information and help you guys share! I have a 64 chevy shortbed, did the big window cab swap from a longbed, running a mild 327 with a turbo 400. Shaved doors and working on getting the solid glass from the cut windwings! Just finished doing a factory wire harness install since the old wiring was just waiting to start a fire somewhere lol...

Well that's the basic rundown of my build so far, but I am looking for some input on my brakes. I put a power booster from an early 70's chevy truck that my neighbor had a few years ago. Its still running drums all around and I replaced the MC shortly after I put the booster on. The system runs ok, but I am really wanting to add some safety by starting with a dual chamber MC. I'm just wondering if anybody has like a step by step checklist or anything as far as whats the best route to go to add a dual chamber MC to the 64? I've heard the 67 to 70 drum/drum MC's work, and then just run the extra brake line to the back? Any input would be greatly appreciated, and I will upload pics to the forum as soon as I get to my home computer. Thank you for letting me join and listening to me!
sixty4bigwindow is offline   Reply With Quote