View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 04:22 PM   #5
sixty4bigwindow

Re: New to the forum, have some questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust-O-Matic View Post
Chiefrocka's thread is a good place to start:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=460791

I used a new master cylinder for a '68 in my '66. I've read several threads that said the length of the push rod from the pedal to the new master cylinder would need to be adjusted, but after comparing and measuring my old suicide cylinder vs. the new one, they appeared to be exactly identical and the rod fit fine.

For reference, my truck has original non power drums all the way around, and the '68 master was intended for a non power setup as well.

The rest was pretty self explanatory. I got a couple of coils of 1/4" tubing (one roll was about 3' too short), an assortment of fittings, old American made double flaring tool off of eBay (new Chinese ones are generally crap), and went to town on it.

Hope that helps.
Im reading that right now, and thank you! I picked up a double flaring tool from Napa a few years ago (spent way too much, but well worth it,) so I'll just have to put it to good use! Do you have any tips or tricks not mentioned in the ChiefRockas post? Mainly looking for cohesion between using the power booster with the MC, making sure that will work. I used the original pedal shaft that came with the booster and added a small bracket from the pedal to mate it with the shaft, since the shaft wasn't long enough. As long as that will still work, I should be ok using this MC, correct? Thank you again!

Last edited by sixty4bigwindow; 03-03-2016 at 04:51 PM.
sixty4bigwindow is offline   Reply With Quote