View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 09:46 PM   #121
gmachinz
Account Suspended

Re: Various NOS 73-87 parts for sale-nice stuff!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gridironkohn View Post
Oh I can imagine...if only I could go back 25 years! I would pour my life savings into these parts and be cashing in now....this cab molding thing has me pulling my hair out. I am currently putting my truck back together. Now to me a brand new show quality paint job could not recurve the old tarnished cab moldings and corners. So I ordered the aftermarket kit from Lmc. While it looks nice it isn't very good quality metal. We installed it and it bent in a couple spots so easily. Very faint but enough to be noticeable enough to not stay on my truck lol. So luckily Lmc is shipping another at no cost. But I'm not feeling very conifident that it will not happen again. I saw how a few guys on here have used a red and white rogue buff so I tried this as well. But not too fond of the now chrome shiny look as opposed to the brushed aluminum. But one thing is for sure. I can't see paying in excess of $300 and up for this item for an OEM..... Sigh
Its simple supply/demand. There are none left on anybody's GM inventory and the demand is high.
gmachinz is offline   Reply With Quote