View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 07:00 PM   #272
joedoh

Re: 49 3600, s10 swap, project boogie

love tremors. the movie that shouldnt have been great that was SO GREAT.

the guy who bought the 47 texted today just to say how much he loves the truck, made me feel good.

on the tool front I picked up a 4ft piece of rail track as an anvil.

back on the 49, I got everything trimmed, the body square on the frame, the back of the fenders bolted to the cab, and the hood shutting great, and tacked the radiator core piece in when I was sure it was square

then I tacked the mounts to the frame. I turned the wheels all the way to make sure the tires dont hit the mounts or the core support.

off the jacks, it sunk about a 1/2 inch. I had compensated about 1/4 with the jacks, so its 1/4" low. I will either fix it when I blow it apart to finish weld, or use a body shim. hard to plan for settling of rubber mounts.

next I wanted to see how bad the windshield frame was, someone shot the roof and the bullet lodged in the window frame after knocking the seal out. add time and it had rotted. I pulled the rubber and found the rest of the frame better than expected, so I will only need that small patch area.

so I moved on to the bed mounting. I will use a longbed bed floor like on the last truck. I had been using the truck as a scrap holder and the PO had used it as a trash can, so I needed to clean up. I pulled and separated all the steel and aluminum and swept it out

I might go out later and get the bed loose and flipped off.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393

Last edited by joedoh; 09-05-2016 at 04:06 PM.
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote