View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 06:29 PM   #273
joedoh

Re: 49 3600, s10 swap, project boogie

working alone, pulled the bed. well how would you do it by yourself?

work smarter not harder. I could have dragged it to the garage, dragged the 49 bed over, trimmed and fit trimmed and fit ad nauseam. instead, I measured the width I needed and marked it out, measured how far the first bed mount was from the back of the cab, and then measured the overall length. I left a couple extra inches on the back because the 47 floor was a couple inches short and I wanted to make sure I had some wiggle room.

for anyone interested in the numbers, I used 50" width, 75" long (plus my extra), and 20.25 inches from the center of the first body mount to where the front panel of the bed would be.

I saved the gas door too

then it was cleanup time.

here is a work smarter example, all the steel was in the wheel barrow and it would have been falling off the bed if I loaded it that way so I just backed up the hill and used the side ramps, then strapped it to the headache rack. at the steel yard I just dumped it.

I was pretty flagged after that, so I did some light work. I drilled out the window on the passenger side to replace the glass. only one screw came out on its own, and after I drilled only two more were extracted.

then I tackled the big dent in the passenger door. with my BFH and a baseball bat I got it knocked out pretty well

tomorrow I will mount up the bed, should be easy peasy.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393

Last edited by joedoh; 09-05-2016 at 04:08 PM.
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote