View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 01:58 AM   #19
bigsky

Re: 72 C10 4X4 LWB, Put Back Together

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
I cant see the back side of the door but your best bet on the door skin is to just cut out corner patches rather than mess with cutting straight across and replacing the lower section, sometimes these original door skins have a tendency to bow inward after they are cut, myself and a few others have suffered lots of frustration in dealing with it, my build thread has it documented, if the skins are that bad then its probably easier to replace the entire skin.

The easiest way in dealing with the edge fold is to use a grinder to take the edge down without hitting the inner shell, then you can section the fold with a cuttoff wheel between the spot welds, then grind off the spot welds.
Thanks, Mike Just read your thread looks like you have done a lot of the same work, as I need to do. Just hope I can do 1/2 the quality job you have done. Nice work vary informative.

Doors bottoms do not look to bad, will check out the insides for rust, and hopefully just replace the corners. Did not seem right to cut up complete patch panel, I was wondering how to keep from getting warpage welding the whole panel on.
bigsky is offline   Reply With Quote