View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 11:37 PM   #81
cableguy0

Re: '04 5.3L in a '01 V6 Camaro.

A lot of the kits have that over the axle pipe flattened slightly to give extra clearance. Anyhow stainless is an annoyance to me. Very difficult to bend because the metal itself is much stiffer than regular steel. Tight bends without a mandrel bender are near impossible. Also anywhere you need to add a hanger weld the hanger to an exhaust clamp because welding to the stainless with mild steel wire will cause rust eventually. The small tack welds at the joints wont really affect anything but stop the system from moving and twisting after you get it in place. We usually don't bend those pipes by hand in anything bigger than 2.5 and even that is pushing it. If they want 3 inch in the rare case someone actually shows up with a v8 car wanting duals we just order a 3 inch mandrel bent pipe to use. We do far more v6 cars and vehicles than I care for but it is what it is.
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote