View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 09:45 PM   #19
72 Super

Re: Old School 4x4 Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I'd rather run a set of tarnished aluminum slots than a free set of brand new umpteen inch Glamour Stars. The worst thing, other than being ugly, is they have nooks and crannies you'll never keep clean and al kinds of edges to snag a knuckle on when cleaning. Weld Racing made some really nice wheels in the '90s. I ran Outbacks on a '95, but they discontinued those because they looked good and made sense. Then there were the Sidewinders, equally good looking no BS truck wheels. They dropped those too. I remember when you had a couple few choices and they all looked right on a truck. I even put white spokes on my '72 Highlander when I got it. I figured everyone thought they were ugly, while spending huge bucks on wheels that were uglier, I'd show them all (at least the ones who know class) how good they could look. I had some 16.5 x 9.75 steelies, but took advantage of 4WPW buy 3 get one free deal and all they sell are 16s, so I got the good deal on quality tires while I spent as little as possible on wheels. The truck was all original with patina and dinged dull chrome anyway, so I went for the "been this way si
nce the '70s" look and the white wheels looked great with the 2-tone
That was a good lookin truck Tim! Would of looked good with a set of slots also.

Ray