Thread: 61K10 build
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 10:37 PM   #696
aotte1

Re: 61K10 build

Kimble,

Very nice looking, understand how much time it takes to get the parts to work, and it seems to me the older the truck the harder it is sometimes. But we have learned not to rush, getting it right is more important.

And old drag racers parts bin has been my, new friend, on this subject for me. Using an old SFI blow proof bell housing, that SS drag racer gave up on for lighter one. It allows me to attach newer trans and keep mechanical clutch mechanism. Once getting it all welded up and machined will post more on it. Being from old parts bin, it can be affordable.

Trying to remember, is your hydraulic cylinder lever to bell housing fork adjustable? I have set- up out of '65 big truck, same bell housing as early 60s, and thinking the lever/ Rod and fork nut was adjustable??? Also, can you use a throw out bearing that has a different thickness, to help with adjustment too. ( stick drag racer have boxes full of bearings with different thickness for adjustment of clutch clearance.). Flywheel/ clutch shop that services drag racer should have them, here in louisville we use "Kentucky Clutch".

Les

Last edited by aotte1; 03-22-2016 at 10:47 PM.
aotte1 is offline   Reply With Quote