View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 09:49 PM   #1219
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

March 23, 2016

This week's update is that the Altman latch kit I bought probably 1-1/2 yrs ago has been installed. Both latches work flawlessly but I have questions for those that have already installed them. I'll post a separate thread on that if I can't find info via search.

The rear fenders were blasted clean as shown in post 1215 above, the small cancer areas on the bolt flanges were cut out and replaced - but I forgot to take pics, DOH!

They've been primed with direct-to-metal primer and the minor dents bumped out. When I arrived the top of both fenders were in their first filler and though it looks kinda thick the painter assured me the fenders only had minor waviness, no true "dents" and after blocking 90% of the filler will be on the floor.

I've gone back to my original idea of using a dark red. When I told the painter I am choosing among Viper, late VW, Honda/Acura or Nissan non-metallic reds he seemed pleased. When I told him my original idea had been to use Porsche Guards Red I could tell by the look on his face he DIDN'T like that color at all. He's got a '40 Ford pickup in the shop in a very deep dark green that is gorgeous so I know he has a soft spot for darker, more era-themed colors.
Feel free to offer opinions

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote