View Single Post
Old 03-24-2016, 07:38 AM   #1
chevytom7267

1972 SWB Cheyene Super 454/496 Stroker build

Here is my latest toy. A friend of mine in Arkansas found this truck in a Chevy truck Facebook group for sale in Kentucky that a laid off steel worker was selling. When he alerted me and I was the first serious buyer to act on it prior to the 200+ emails he got during our litigation of the sale. I hooked up my trailer after are many snow storms, and left from NJ to pick it up. The truck was born as a long bed 400/402 big block, TH400 factory air truck, and was professionally shortened to a short wheel base. According to the previous owners The 400 BB was replaced by the dealer years ago (1972) with a warranty 454 block and re-badged but I have no documentation to support this. The engine had a recent re-build and modified to a 496,500+HP stroker. The truck was also lowered 4" & 5". I plan to remove the kit to put back to stock and install truck Rally's I recently found on Craig's list. I will be selling the lowering kit, the rear 15X12 Rallys and 15X7 front Rallys. I also will be selling the bed that is on it since it has some rust in the bed and brace area. The shortening job looks decent but I still want to find a decent short fleetside bed. I plan to go to Carlise Pa this April to look around. If anyone knows of where I can find a decent bed please message me. I also plan to remove the current 3:07 open rear to replace with a 3:73 posi to bring the engine to life! I will try to post pictures as I go.
Attached Images

chevytom7267 is offline   Reply With Quote