Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2016, 11:11 AM   #3322
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

Good morning and Happy Easter everybody (who won't be offended by that these days, the rest of you don't read that, ha ha)

So as I sit here on a Sunday morning enjoying my Kona Hawaiian coffee I figure I would do some Spark Plug Wire Math - SPWM.

Last night I took off all my existing current stock AutoZone Duralast (I think) plug wires and laid them out on my workbench. Then I sorted them by length and measured each one, here are the results.

3 @ 22"
only 1 @ 26"
3 @ 32"
only 1 @ 40"

I entertained both routes: under the headers as well as simply over them the traditional way, and you may have guessed it by now, the wires I need the most of are the 26" and the 40" LOL

but here is a Fun Fact for you all - if we assume the standard 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 firing order with #1 on the dizzy pointing at the #1 cylinder, there are two, and exactly two problem wire runs, #2 and #3 are opposite on the dizzy to their respected cylinder head, those be the ones requiring the longest run, if we are to run them neatly around the backside of the dizzy, using the 40" wire(s) if we only had two of them, ha ha, The Greg may pick up another identical wire set, nothing like buying 16 wires to get 8 good ones out of them, or The Greg could put his Bib Boy Pants (BBPs) on and make his own darn wires.

heres a really cool simple wire run diagram, I like how they run the #2 and #3 wires through and across the dizzy instead of around it, now why didn't I think of that?

Attached Images

Last edited by Gregski; 03-27-2016 at 11:22 AM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote