View Single Post
Old 03-27-2016, 09:36 PM   #7
clinebarger

Re: LS6 Intake Conversion Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Coufal View Post
Ok....so if I stick with the truck TB and swap to the Camaro (LS1) water pump, what needs to follow suit? I would imagine that the harmonic balancer needs to be changed as well because of a different depth/offset? Do most people swap that or run a spacer between the water pump? It looks like it should be a 3/4" spacer?

Also does the size of the actual alternator or mounting points change on it? Do I need to swap to the Camaro alternator to run that bracket setup?

Later when I add power steering and AC, do I run the truck components or look for Camaro ones?

Thanks
Like was already stated, Run a LS3/L99 5th gen Camaro water pump so you can retain "Truck" belt spacing.

No offense to anyone, But running a "Car" Intake while retaining the high mount Alternator looks really weird, The whole point to this is to make the engine look better......

Why not convert to PS during the swap?? CaptianFab sells frame brackets to adapt a later Saginaw gearbox.

Got these 2011 L99 Water Pump, Brackets, Bolts & Accessories for $300 from a guy doing a LSA top end on his Camaro. Don't forget the LS6 Valley Cover for the better PCV.

clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote