View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 09:41 PM   #547
BlueJeep

Re: My version of the s10 swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Congratulations on the test run! Truck is looking good!
Thanks! Feeling good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaboynca View Post
Warms my heart to see spring in the homeland!

You'll be driving by Memorial Day...as long as there isn't a late winter storm (remember i grew up in Iowa )

truck looks sweet!
Thanks! Yes, green grass here but in NW Iowa they had 10" of snow on Thursday. I quit giving myself deadlines....but I am registered and have all my hotels for the Hot Rod Power Tour. Hope that didn't curse me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lower50's View Post
Congrats. Very exciting time. I hope you figure out the fan and get your fenders soon. My truck gets stuff piled on it too but it's all my stuff.
Yep, my workbenches end up the same way. I do most my work off my Nomad welding table as a result....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
been in those shoes a couple times. great feeling. I too end up using the bed as storage! as for the efan, simple checks first. The fuse, believe it or not I'v had the fuse be the issue before. Then if that is ok, I'd take the ground trigger wire off your sending unit and ground it out. That is what makes the fan kick on. Easy way to check if your sending unit aka grounding unit is working. If you ground that wire out and its not working, could be a relay wiring issue. I'd check your fan power wire to make sure that gets power when you have your sending unit wire grounded. I do highly doubt your fan isn't working, but if you have power to that wire then it could be the case. also make sure you have enough fluid in the system as those sending units will not kick on if fluid isn't on them.
I have a list of things to check, can't be anything major. Worst case is the tune in the ECM didn't include that, then I'll have to find someone to make that change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Fletch View Post
I've spent the last few days reading on and off and you have done an awesome job! Your metal work is great. I'm excited to see it in all its' glory. Keep up the good work man.
Thanks!

Mirrors are mounted now. It is very satisfying to take parts out of boxes that were stored in the bed, install them, and throw the boxes in the recycle bin!

86 Suburban
88 Jeep 6.0 swap
49 Chevy truck
54 Chevy wagon

86 Suburban lowered 4/6
54 Chevy wagon
49 Chevy/s10 mix
88 Jeep Wrangler rockcrawler
BlueJeep is offline   Reply With Quote