Quote:
Originally Posted by sambrutay View Post
nice, I like the LS and 6 speed.
Here's a picture of mine.
[IMG][/IMG]
Sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketChevy56 View Post
Here's my cousins new toy. rust in front of the bed, inner fenders, and floor below the glass. He got it cheap. run-of-the-mill 350 and and auto (not sure what tranny is in it yet). I got too many projects but I'm sure I'll end up doing the patch work.
Nice one. Bout the same rust mine had it sounds like.

These pics are from the ad he bought it from. I'll get you some up to date ones, although it hasnt changed much. Mostly just uncovered a lot of rust. haha

Alright Wayne!! Lets see some more of yours!!! The way you work, you will beat us all to finishing any of ours!!!
Hopefully. Gonna build this one first to run and then paint it. Want to daily drive it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
Those are pretty nice ,especially that black with red interior .And that silver GMC Sprint is nice too.
I agree.

Quote:
Glad someone else likes it hahaha...I've always been partial to the black on red myself. No one seems to like the factory red interiors though. My mom had a '85 Monte Carlo that was white with red interior and hated it, so did everyone else really.. I thought it was the coolest thing. When it came around for me to get a car, I got a '86 C10 swb fleet and had 2 buckets stitched in red to put in it. Always got hell for it too...
Love some black and red.
Quote:
I like the Sprint too!! Don't see em much around here. Talk to us Bruce!! Show us more!!
Those GMC Sprints are starting to come on strong.

... Wayne opened a can of worms in here haha
Glad to do it. Keep em coming boys. I LOVE IT. To me this is what a build thread is for (Sharing all our builds, not just mine) by us motivating each other.

Quote:
I got my El Camino out of the barn today after work ,gave it a bath and will drive it tomorrow and get some pics .
Bout time. Post them pics up.
Quote:
ok, So I picked up my GMC in 2006 with plans to just flip it. Ended up falling in love with the ol girl.
Here she is in 2006 when I got her. Real plain Jane. only option besides 350/350th was power steering. Has a 2.50 hiway gear in it.
I would have been tempted to drive that sukka just how it was. I am actually thinking about painting my El Camino the same color I painted Homer. I loved how it did not show dust.

on the trailer with glass out of it. prepped for window channel repair and vinyl top install
Wanting to put a vinyl top back on mine too. I love the look of the black vinyl against the body color.

here she is in my driveway in 2007 before I was inspired by Derek on the Chevelle forum.

Very cool.

Quote:
Your story is similar to mine .I found my El Camino SS at a garage sale with the intention to flip it and drove it home 30 miles and was hooked too.Got a killer deal on it and the bed was full of NOS parts .Had it probably 15 years now .
Sometimes they just call us by name. knowing we will "show em some Love".

Quote:
Remind me not to buy one.... they seem awful sticky and don't tend to leave
I'm hoping this one sticks. Gonna have way too much money in it to sell. Wanting to daily drive it for the next 10 years until I retire.

Hey Bruce, did you do the vinyl top on yours? or just prep it for someone else to do?
If you did, lets see some pics.

Quote:
Elky's are sort of love them or hate them type cars/trucks ,I love them but a lot of folks hate them.
I never "loved them or hated" them. Just never ran across the right deal. I always thought they were pretty cool. Liked the 70,71,& 72 best on the El Camino's whereas liked the 66 & 67 Chevelles best on the coupes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Ashley View Post
I've always liked that style Elky. Back in 1969 when that style first came out I was at the Chevy dealer and I fell in love with a blue fully loaded one in the showroom. It had a dark blue vinyl top. I was having a house built at the time and decided I couldn't afford to buy it. About a week later the builder showed up driving it. I told my wife I guess I did buy it, only for someone else.
Quote:
Just prepped it.
Dang.

You got that right. My wife hates the damn thing. But my son loves it
Tell your wife she needs to "get right with it". Maybe your son can teach her.
My wife also is not in Love with mine. She calls it the Mullet>

I love me some NOS GM PARTS!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ole dollor View Post
here are a few pic's of mine 1983 El Camino Conquista ....
Sweet.

Quote:
I also like the newer style El Camino's ,they ride and drive even better than the 68/72 years .
I agree. Friend had one and drove as nice as any new car back in the day.
cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote