View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 08:18 AM   #150
Bennett68C10

Re: Project "Redemption" 68 SWB Fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedc10 View Post
Waiting on parts is the worst. I have parts sitting around in the garage that I can't install because I am waiting on other parts, this happens all the time! As for the rivets, a cutoff wheel and an air hammer does the trick every time for me.
I use the same method with the cutoff wheel and air hammer as you do. Still sucks though

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbrouss70 View Post
Eaton supplied the original posi's and will be just like the original clutch-type setup. Although for just a little more money, I have been looking into the Detroit TrueTrac setup since it doesn't use clutches (and can't wear out the friction material) and acts like an open carrier until you need it. I haven't used one yet, but after all my research, I think I will try one in the near future. Just my $.02.
Thanks for the input, I don't know much about the different posi designs so it definitely helps to hear about the different options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by preacher anthony View Post
I agree on choice for removing rivets. I used both on mine w/ Ben at Alexander Speed. I got tired of counting how many GM used.
Yeah, it's amazing how many rivets they really used. I think I counted 12 in the trailing arm crossmember alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedc10 View Post
Problem with the truetrac is they don't make a 3 series carrier. So you have to run 3.73 or higher. I ran both and on the street noticed very little difference, I actually prefer the clutch style a little more.
Ok, looks like I'm going to have to start researching this. I guess I need to learn a little bit more about rear diffs

66 Suburban

Burb Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=751361

IG: bennett68c10
Bennett68C10 is offline   Reply With Quote