View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 12:21 AM   #27
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Re: I Don't Think I'm Going To Move My Fuel Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lattimer View Post
I modified my gas cap and it no longer leaks. Mine is a vented non-esc cap. All you need is an o-ring kit.I put an o-ring around the sealing face, then I stacked several o-rings behind the gasket on the cap. This gives it enough pressure on the gasket and additional sealing against the tank neck so I no longer have any leakage, even when full and turning hard right.

It did take a couple of tries to get a replacement cap with a vent that actually works right. And the o-rings wear out over time, so I do have to maintain them.

My issue with relocating the tank was the filler. I do not want the filler in the bed, and my fab skills don't support anything fancier....
Sweet deal Lattimer! I will check back in with you when I get to that point.

I was actually going to cut my old filler neck off of the tank and fabricate mounting tabs so I could stick it back through the factory hole. To keep it stock appearing, even with a rear fill under bed tank.

But I'm seriously thinking I'm gonna huck my stock tank back in my rig.

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote