View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 02:29 PM   #18
spacedebris

Re: 1962 C50 Viking Build questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDiver View Post
Do you know if there is anywhere I can find just the lower piece of the hood below the turn blinker bezels? My hood is in good condition except for that piece which is more bondo than steel and. It is spot welded to the main top of the hood and I'd like to just re-weld a new one there if I could.
Nope. Replacement pieces for hoods are few and far between but only on the 62-66 hoods. The 60 and 61 hoods are not supported at all in the aftermarket. (or at least I've never found any)

as for parts supplies some of the ones you want to keep on your list are..

www.LMCtrucks.com
www.brotherstrucks.com
www.truckandcarshop.com
www.steelerubber.com (good source of seals)
www.topbananaparts.com
www.classicchevroletparts.com
www.classicindustries.com

Now there are many others but typically if your looking for a part, if they are made, one of these will have it. These are the ones I have bookmarked and where I typically start my searches. Then once you find it you can get part numbers and the proper name of the part so you can google it and see if you can find it cheaper somewhere else or maybe find a NOS or good used one.
1960 c30 Apache Panel w/ '95 cummins bt6 turbo diesel (work in progress) NOTE: due to photobucket trying to extort money my photos are temporarily unavailable. currently looking for alternative to fix issue.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=523009

Last edited by spacedebris; 04-09-2016 at 02:40 PM.
spacedebris is offline   Reply With Quote