View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 11:23 PM   #148
joedoh

Re: "Geronimo" 54' 3100 LS built in PA

yeah but you drive down "rout" 8 to pittsburgh, right? this is just about a mile off the highway!

barkus was a pittsburgh bakery in the 80s-00s (probably before that but thats when I knew it), had little satellite stores all over, including one in wexford. I was 7th of 8 kids, so there were TEN birthday parties a year with a barkus cake, the icing was unbelieveable, like a whipped buttercream with shortening instead of butter, it would actually set up in the fridge and you could eat it like white fudge. If I thought a cake would survive shipping I would beg you to get one and freeze it and box it.

but the chocolate chip cookies were some of the best I have ever had in my life too. My mom would send a care package every couple years with barkus cookies, but they slowly closed all the satellites and eventually even the main on downtown. now there is one in butler, makes me think of ladyfingers and birthday cakes and cookies. my brother lives by the crawford fairgrounds (that was his house that was struck by lightning a couple months ago!) so I thought of asking him to ship a cake haha.

I talked to him yesterday and he said you got 8"! sheesh!

and your rust problems are serious but you are making headway!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote