View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 05:35 PM   #1075
Modges'66

Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan, otherwise known as Beer City U.S.A.
Re: My Unexpected '66 SWB-Fleet-Restomod Project!

Hey Guys!
There hasn't been a lot to do lately while waiting for the transmission to get rebuilt...I thought that I would take this time to clean-up some things. So I started by cleaning up all of the billet starting with the wheels....I didn't get much farther than the wheels, because they are polished on both the inner & outer surfaces...This process took the better part of 5 hours for the set of four wheels!...But, boy do they look sweet!!!

I should be getting the transmission back tomorrow....All trick parts, & it should be bulletproof for a lot more horsepower than I have...but I feel like it has cost way too much money though. The tranny was fresh With almost all HD parts 1400 miles ago & ALL hard parts were good. I replaced the sun-shell with a HD Sonnax unit this time, along with all of the cluthches, & shift solenoids...But I have looked a prices, and don't feel that it is worth $1300

There is not much that you can do when you are looking at a pile of parts laying on a Stainless steel bench! It isn't like you are gonna say "I wanna get a second opinion"...I feel like I got bent-over, but I will move on.
All that I can say is: that thing better not screw-up now!!!! I will go postal!!!!
Modges'66 is offline   Reply With Quote